Servings : 4
2 cups frozen wild blueberries
½ cup water
¼ cup sugar
1 cup Athina Original Greek yogurt
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup white whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
- Mix the blueberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the blueberries begin to break apart.
- Whisk together the yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Add the flour to the yogurt mixture, and stir just until blended.
- Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Coat with nonstick cooking spray, and add batter in large spoonfuls (about ¼ cup each).
Flip the pancakes when the tops begin to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes, and cook the second side until browned. Serve with the warm blueberries.